Okay..here is a quick list of things you can do while here on vacation
- Visit the Alhambra– This fantastic Heritage site is well worth the visit. Book online if you can as it sells out quite often. For tickets, go to http://www.alhambra-patronato.es
- Horse Back Riding– Just 5 minutes from Salobreña is Rock Beach Ranch. There are information pamphlets in the tourist office.
- AguaTropic Waterpark in Almuñecar. Just 20 minutes from Salobreña, It’s a great day out for the kids, and there is a night disco here too.
- The Caves at Nerja- Well worth the visit, these are just fantastic. Discovered in 1969, and they really are spectacular. 10-1400 & 4-8pm during July and Aug. In Sept it’s 10-2 & 1630-1830
- A trip to the Alpujarras-Pronounced Alpuharas there are about 11 or 12 small villages that make up the Alpujarras Region. Lots of little white washed villages in incredibly beautiful locations. Look for the local pottery and tapestry shops.
- Olive Oil Tour-You can take an interesting tour to learn all you ever wanted to learn about Olive Oil but were afraid to ask. There are morning and afternoon tours, some that include lunch, and others where an optional wine tasting tour is offered as well. http://www.oliveoiltours.com
- Visit the Motril Sugar Factory and Museum– This is an excellent way to spend a couple of hours. You will learn all about the history of sugar and it’s refining. Really a lot better than it sounds.
- Catch some late night Flamenco in Granada– Granada is home to many fine Flamenco venues, most kick off pretty late, so think about arranging an overnight stay at an inexpensive hostal or pension. Hostals aren’t what they used to be. Private rooms with either shared bathroom facilities or private are available. Granada late night Rocks! for the Top 5 clubs, check out this link http://www.salobrenacleaners.com/flamenco.html
- Visit Cabo De Gato National Park-You will find some of the most beautiful unspoilt beaches in all of Spain. Bird sanctuaries animal refuges. Check out San Jose, there are two beautiful beaches here you will never forget. Just south of Almeria, good for an over night stay too. To see a small clip check this youtube video.
10. Last but not least, how bout just chillin* at one of the many beach bars in Salobreña that overlook the Mediterranean Sea. We have a great selection of restaurants both in town, and at the beach. For a list check out http://www.salobrenacleaners.com/resttown.html or http://www.salobrenacleaners.com/restbeach.html